February 7, 2008

Fun Valentines Gift

I am going to be out of town for Valentines this year, so I came up with a fun gift to be delivered to Rob on Valentines Day. I had so much fun putting it together, I thought I'd share in case anyone else wants to make one, too! Minus the tacky red bow, I thought it turned out pretty cute.

Here is the recipe:

From Dollar Tree (on Aurora and about 140th, in the same parking lot as Burger King)

  • bucket or basket
  • shrink wrap with pull-bow
  • tissue paper
  • yummy treats
  • fun Valentines goodies
  • a romantic card

From Walgreens/Target:

  • Lucky Lovers Message Dice (had to spice it up somehow)
  • his favorite foods - for Rob it includes Wheat Thins & Tostitos salsa
  • a $1 stuffed animal - he will appreciate it just because it's out of the norm

I also went to Half-Price Books on Roosevelt and got a Jackie Chan VHS from their Clearance section -- everything in that section is $1-2 and they have a huge variety of books, movies, etc. (turn left as soon as you go in) Lastly, I included a Half-Price gift card since the poor guy is going to be bored while I'm gone. :)

You could do this very cheap and personalize it with some fun things. Plus you get to keep the cute container! ;)

Shhhhh.................don't tell Rob! It's a surprise!!

Here is a close-up:

1 comment: