March 2, 2008

Floating Around Seattle

Can't afford that cruise to Alaska just yet, or don't have the time? Are the Argosy Cruises a little too expensive also (though if you have the money, this is another great date idea I'll talk about another time)? I have the perfect solution! Try a ride on a Washington State Ferry. I have been riding the ferries since I was little when my dad lived on Whidbey Island, to now, when I go just for the fun of it. I have always looked forward to the trips. One of my favorites is the local ride from downtown Seattle to Bainbridge Island. We park our car by the piers and walk on. I like to go just before it gets dark. That way, we get the best of both worlds... leaving and getting to see the beautiful city in the light, and retuning to the beauty of the city lights at night. When there is a chill in the air, you can bring on a hot chocolate or buy one on board. Make a night of it and get dinner somewhere on the pier; there are a lot of great places. There are also some fun places within walking distance of the docks on Bainbridge Island. Not far from the dock is a park that you can walk to and have a picnic. It really is an inexpensive adventure and a great way to get some fresh air! I always enjoy myself and feel refreshed after a ride on a ferry!!!! Just make sure you have a jacket and a rubber band for your hair, the rides are always windy, and even on a nice day it can feel chilly out on the water!


For schedules and prices, go to the state web site at:

No comments: