March 17, 2008

The best of India in Seattle


I dare you to find a better Indian restaurant than Cedars Restaurant on Brooklyn in the U-district (seriously, let me know). I grew up with good old fashioned mormon casseroles and butter and salt added to each item on the menu. My Dad tried his best to get us kids to branch out and try things like Tom-kah (sp?) soup and curry but we shot him down every time, too scared to try something "spicey." These days, I'm trying to do my Dad proud, after all his efforts and I now try new food and mostly I like it, but I especially LOVE Indian food. Nothing better than warm naan and Chicken Tikka Masala. Pretty sure this place has won awards but if not, I give them my own, Shauna LOVES you Award. Check out their menu here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Indian food, too, and my husband and I just found a place that is so much better than anything in Seattle! It's Shamiana in Kirkland. It's a pretty drive just across the 520 bridge, and the food is AMAZING!! It's a little bit more expensive than Cedars, but it's totally worth it. We love the Special Lamb Curry, the Mango Lassis, and the Chicken Tikka Masala. It's at 107th and 68th in Kirkland.

Jessica Jo said...

I agree with you Shauna, Cedars is delicious! Just make sure to go to Cedar's on Brooklyn, not the Cedars that is down just off the Ave on 43rd, they are not the same!!!